The power is delivered from a twin cylinder; air-cooled, electric start diesel engine found to give an excellent balance of economy, durability, and performance.
Coupled to this is a variable displacement hydraulic pump, controlled by the operator that results in useful feedback via the controls resulting in a safe and smooth pull. In turn, this provides hydraulic drive to the two motors, one driving the open capstan, and the other driving the rope storage drum, which maintains tension on the portion of rope between the rewind drum and the capstan, preventing slippage.
A basic pre-set pull force can be controlled before pulling commences via an adjustable relief valve, and a dial force indicator on the console.
Standard fitment is a tried and trusted galvanised steel wire rope, excellent for installation of heavy cables into open trenches and underground ducting.
If sensitivity of installation is an issue (telecommunication cable, or delicate plastic ducting), we can offer the alternative of a paraline polyester rope.
This has good strength to size ratio, very low extension under load, combined with excellent non- recoverable stretch performance. It also offers high abrasion resistance and chemical resistance, all combining to make it a good viable alternative to steel rope.
• Line pull – 0 to 3000 kg. Pull speed 0 – 30 mtrs/min
• Electric start low maintenance diesel engine
• Hydraulic transmission for trouble free winch operation
• Rope storage capacity up to 400 mtrs. (10mm)
• Console mounted line pull indicator with pre-set load limit facility
• Heavy duty chassis fitted brakes/lights to EEC specification. (unbraked site version also available).